Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
The Child Mind Institute
ADHD Clinical Psychologist
New York, Ny, NY 10022 United States
The Child Mind Medical Practice (CMMP) is dedicated to transforming mental health care for children everywhere. We are committed to finding more effective treatments for childhood psychiatric and learning disorders, building the science of healthy brain development, and empowering children and their families to get help, hope and answers.
The ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Center is one of three programs that comprise the Child Mind Medical Practice. The Center provides innovative treatment options for children and adolescents with a variety of disorders and actively evaluates cutting edge delivery models. Our specialized services include (i) our PCIT Training Academy, led by two of only 16 PCIT Master Trainers worldwide, (ii) a Teacher-Child Interaction Therapy (TCIT) program that brings evidence based practices to teachers to maximize their behavior management skills, and (iii) school consultation in the New York metro area, as well as nationally and internationally.
The Clinical Psychologist, under the direction of the Senior Director of the ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Center, is responsible for providing diagnostic evaluations and treatment to children and adolescents with behavioral problems, particularly associated with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), conduct disorder (CD), and other disruptive behavior disorders (DBDs). Emotional dysregulation is common among our patients, particularly the adolescents so candidates should expect to provide treatment to children and adolescents with comorbid anxiety and mood disorders. The clinical psychologist is expected to provide empirically-supported cognitive behavioral treatments such as Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), behavioral parent training (BPT), or other proven interventions for children and adolescents with externalizing disorders. The clinical psychologist will also provide parent training where PCIT is not indicated or feasible and participate in school based programming to provide educators with behavior management techniques in the classroom.
The selected candidates will have an exciting opportunity to shape their position based on experience and specific skill set. CMI is involved in a number of ventures such as expanding our adolescent DBT team, building our school-based programming efforts, and developing innovative programming to enhance the ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Center.
This is an exempt position located in our NYC headquarters. CMI offers competitive salary and benefits.
Education, training, experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional clinical skills in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with ADHD and the various disruptive behavior disorders
• Demonstrated experience in working clinically with complex comorbid presentations including anxiety, mood, and autism spectrum disorders
• Demonstrated expertise in at least one evidence-based intervention for externalizing disorders with an interest in learning additional interventions such as PCIT
• Specialized training and experience working in school-based settings or providing classroom management techniques
• Preference will be given to candidates with training in dialiectical behavioral therapy (DBT), interpersonal therapy for depressed adolescents (IPT-A), or other specific CBT protocols
• Preference will be given to candidates who have participated in clinical trials to address disruptive behaviors
• Prior experience supervising and training psychology trainees at various levels
• Demonstrated experience with professional writing as well as with public speaking
• Must have the desire to serve and work to fulfill the mission of CMMP
• Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical psychology
• Completion of APA-accredited clinical pre-doctoral internship
• Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
• New York State psychology license
• Minimum five year post-licensure clinical experience
• Flexibility to work hours to meet productivity goals and deadlines
• Team player and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
To apply, click here or select the "Apply for this Job" button located at the top or bottom of the page.
Upload cover letter and resume as one document on the resume section of the application site.
Employment at Will Relationship: This position description does not constitute a guarantee that employment will continue for any specified period of time. Rather, employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and CMI, and can be terminated at will by the employee or by CMI.
CMI reserves the right to modify the job description and/or reporting relationship at any time.
CMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CMI is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the Child Mind Institute, visit www.childmind.org.
No phone calls or recruiters. This position will remain open until filled.
Terms & Conditions